Attention Youthful Yogis! Are you ready to have some fun? It's time for......
Jeopardy is the name of a popular television quiz show, but you don't need a TV to play this version of the game. Simply take a look at the questions below and see if you can come up with the answers. You can play with a friend or on your own. The correct answers are given at the bottom of the page.....no peeking until you are ready to check your score. Good luck and have fun!
Yoga Jeopardy Questions:
1) True or false: yoga is a competitive sport
2) Yoga began in the part of the world that is now: a) Egypt b) India c) Israel d) Canada
3) True or false: you must be a certain age to practice yoga
4) Tree pose is: a) a resting pose b) a balancing pose
c) a back bend d) something you plant in your garden for shade
Sanskrit is: a) a yummy chocolate dessert b) a beach in California
c) an ancient language from India
Let's see how you did......
1) False! Yoga is not competitive. Youthful Yogis know that they do not need to compare themselves to others or feel judged in any way.
2) Yoga began hundreds of years ago in the part of the world that is now called India.
3) False! People of all ages-- kids, grown-ups, grandparents and even babies (with the help of their mom or dad!)-- do yoga. You can start yoga at any age.
4) Tree pose is a balancing pose! It also helps to strengthen your lower body and quiet your mind. An example of a back bend is cobra pose, and child's pose (which I'll cover soon) is a resting pose.
extra credit question: Please do not request Sanskrit for dessert the next time you go out to eat! Sanskrit is an ancient language from India...it's actually considered to be one of the oldest languages in the world! The names of most yoga poses come from Sanskrit...remember bhujangasana (cobra pose)? Sanskrit words feel good in your mouth, even if they are a little tricky to pronounce.
That's all the time we have for Yoga Jeopardy today...hope you had fun!